In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in a BigTime Basketball Event, or with Greg Swaim Sports, LLC, pertaining to any of our events played at various local facilities or in connection with any of the coaches, players, parents and fans:
1) Agree that prior to participating, they each will inspect the facilities to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe, they will advise their coach or supervisor of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2) Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions, or negligence, but the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3) Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability, or death.
4) Release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Greg Swaim Sports, LLC, BigTime Basketball, their respective administrators, directors, agents and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereafter referred to as “released” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or hers heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the release or otherwise.
5) Each spectator ticket is a revocable license allowing access to a BigTime Basketball Event. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets are not the responsibility of Greg Swaim Sports, LLC and will not be replaced.
6) By entering onto the grounds of an event: You assume all risk and danger arising out of your attendance including loss of your personal property, or injury from a basketball or by other spectators or players, and you hereby release Greg Swaim Sports, LLC, the host site, and their affiliates and subsidiaries, the event, television/radio broadcasters, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, paid workers, and participating players from any and all liabilities arising out of such losses or injuries. You authorize Tournament to use your image or likeness as it may appear in any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of the event. As between you and Tournament, you hereby waive any claim of ownership to and acknowledge and agree that event owns all media rights (now existing and to be developed) associated with the event, including without limitation all accounts, descriptions, recorded images (still or moving), sound recordings, and scoring-related data of, from and at the event (“Reproduction”). Without the express prior written consent of the event, and not to stream or facilitate streaming of any Reproduction on any day of the event, including without limitation. You agree that in no event will you use or authorize others to use any Reproduction for any commercial or promotional purpose, and that any editorial uses of reproductions require an official media credential. Upon reasonable request by event, and at TOUR’s cost and expense, you agree to sign any documents necessary to perfect the above waivers and events ownership of all Reproductions.
7) For security purposes, you hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the event, which may include metal detection. No coolers, ladders, signs, firearms, explosive devices, etc. will be permitted onto the Tournament grounds. No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto or taken from event grounds. Any misconduct, illegal activity, intoxication, use of illegal substance, or violation of any rule or instruction of event representatives (“Rules”) is prohibited and shall be grounds for forfeiture of your ticket and for your removal from the premises. All mobile phones, PDA’s, etc. must be on silent and must be used in accordance with the posted Mobile Device Policy. Tickets cannot be resold or otherwise used in a promotion or offered as a prize without permission from event. It is unlawful to reproduce tickets. Host organization and event reserve the right to revoke any ticket and cancel all privileges connected therein. Use of any parking site provided for event attendees is entirely at the risk of the vehicle driver and/or owner. Please take appropriate security precautions and lock your vehicle.
8) Sport Thread, LLC, a Colorado Limited Liability Company (‘Sports Thread’) is a leading social media platform designed to streamline the communications between event, league and club management and their athletes while helping them find a college roster spot. Sports Thread is the official communications provider for Big Time Sports. All information pertaining to Big Time Sports will be distributed using the Sports Thread communications network. This information may include but not be limited to: game times and locations, weather updates, special offers, practice times and locations, and any other notification Big Time Sports or Sports Thread may wish to send via SMS and Push Notifications up to 20 SMS messages per month. For more information on Sports Thread, please visit sportsthread.info/communications. For terms and conditions please visit sportsthread.com/terms. The information provided to establish your Sports Thread account will be your email, phone number, school, year in school, name, birthday and team name (participant profile). By signing this registration form and participating in an Big Time Sports event, I am giving consent to be registered for Sports Thread membership and inclusion of my participant profile in the sportsthread.com social media platform.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I/WE GIVE UP ALL SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CLICKING THE WAIVER BUTTON VOLUNTARILY.